When looking for a new home, both novice and seasoned buyers can find something special in a townhome. Chicago has seen a burst of energy in the townhome market in recent months. With offerings from super-affordable to splendid luxury, townhomes are available in all parts of the west Chicago suburban area, and they come with big benefits, too. As homeowners became more environmentally conscious, they realized that townhomes are more compact and would, therefore, require less energy to maintain. Builders began expanding the housing options, and today these homes occupy a place between a condos and single-family residences. In addition some Suburban Chicago townhome communities also have the added value of exterior amenities such as security, swimming pools, gyms and clubhouses. Townhomes might be affordable, but that does not mean they lack luxury and design. Townhomes can offer courtyards, and some row townhomes even have an elevator for convenience. In many cases, homeowners are more than willing to give up a larger single-family home in favor of a luxurious townhome. There has been a trend toward smaller square footage with finer appointments. Chicago has seen a diverse range of buyers who choose townhomes. Some mature townhome buyers are downsizing from a large single-family home, while some buyers are first-time homeowners who want privacy without the shock of too much maintenance. Other buyers are parents who want to buy in a great neighborhood for the school district and even parents who buy townhomes for their children to live in while in college. People who are frequent travelers often find the ease of townhome living an excellent choice, as well. Most townhome buyers make their selection based on location, and it’s often a location they could not have bought into in a single family home. What really makes townhomes attractive is the location. Location is critical to the townhome buyer, and they will often choose an attached home due to a location close to the places they work, shop and play. When purchasing a townhome, homeowners are buying a lifestyle and should be prepared to stay in the property for a good five years. A buyer also needs to pay special attention to the monthly homeowner’s association fees and the covenants and restrictions for each community. A purchaser should also look to see if the community’s ownership is condominium or fee simple. With a fee simple home, the owner actually owns the land on which the home sits, which gives the owner more maintenance and responsibilities, but generally a lower monthly association fee. Some townhome communities, however, are structured like condominiums in which the land is jointly owned. In condo townhomes, the association takes care of maintenance, but monthly fees are usually higher. So many things to think about, but never fear Sothebys Luxury Home Team can help.
Archive for the ‘Western Suburbs of Chicago’ Category
It’s hard to believe it’s already that time of year again, where you can enjoy the magnolia flowers in bloom, enjoy a round of golf in the afternoon and then end your day off with a bike ride thoughout the streets of Hinsdale or a picnic at Graue Mill. Springtime in Hinsdale is certainly not to be missed. The home yards are being freshly mulched and the tulips or starting to rise. Over the past month Hinsdale saw 42 sales take place, even compared to the 42 sales that took place during this same time in 2012 and above the 34 sales that took place over this period in 2011.
New Stats & Activity
As always, see below for new listings and recent sales in Hinsdale. We have also included our new listing and this week’s featured property, a beautiful six bedroom 5,300 square foot majestic stone and brick tutor located hilltop amongst the trees in the neighboring town of Indian Head Park! Listed at $979,900. This property is exceptional in so many ways.
New Listings (7 days)
Recent Sales (7 days) 2013
In honour of Mother’s Day that is upon us, we are giving away two prizes of one free bouquet of spring flowers delivered to your home.There are a few ways to enter:
View our new listing on the Crawford Group Sothebys website by clicking here, and “like” or “Tweet” the post and comment saying you have done so.
Comment on our Facebook page. Be sure to do so by Monday, May 6th!
Wishing everyone an absolutely awesome weekend! We’re looking forward to seeing you around town.
Spring’s natural beauty prompts quiet, new beginnings that intrigue mankind. If this time of year finds you beginning to consider a new residence, allow us to assist. We are members of the Sotheby’s International Realty® network and take great pride in artfully uniting extraordinary homes with extraordinary lives.
Realtor Broker Associates, CRS, GRI, e-PRO • Luxury Living. Metro Chicagoland Areas. Hinsdale & the Western Suburbs
|2 Bedrooms + Loft
||| 2.5 Baths
|Full Finished Basement
|| 2 Car Attached Garage
|Assemblies of God
Oak Brook Community Church
3100 Midwest Rd
First Baptist Church of Clarendon Hills
Hinsdale Baptist Church
First Church Of Christ Scientist
Union Church Of Hinsdale
|Covenant & Evangelical
Evangelical Covenant Church
30 E 4th St
Sts Cyril & Methodius Macedonian
10S330 Kingery Hwy Rt 83
St Mark St Bishoy Coptic Orthodox Church
Redeemer Lutheran Church – ELCA
Trinity Lutheran Church, LCMS
Chinese Christian Mandarin Church
9s565 Clarendon Hills Rd
Christian Church of Clarendon Hills
Church On County Line
Our Lady Of Peace
St Isaac Jogues
Hinsdale 7th Day Adventist Church
The Western Suburbs is home to numerous authentic and welcoming Irish Pubs.
- -Quigley’s in Naperville
- -Shannon’s in Glen Ellyn
- -Muldoon’s in Wheaton
- -McNally’s in St. Charles
- -the Kerry Piper in Willowbrook
- -Claddagh in Geneva
- -Ballydoyle in Downers Grove
Here at Crawford Group Sothebys we wish Irish dancers and bagpipe music for you this St. Patrick’s Day. Wishing You the “Luck of the Irish”! If you would like a look ahead to what’s to come in April… Click Here (be sure to wait few seconds to load) and enjoy our online magazine. It’s full of all kinds of great ideas. Have a great day! Happy St. Pat’s!
Close of Winter in Hinsdale and surrounding areas presents a sunny outlook!
Presidents’ Week and Reading Week have come and gone, and now we head towards various March Breaks and Spring Breaks! The activity in the western suburbs of Chicago has been very busy and is only going to get busier. I sit here today writing to you, Hinsdale just had two huge days of fallen snow, which kept some sellers from going on the market in early March. Let’s see what is coming this way weather wise- CLICK HERE!
For the Hinsdale, Burr Ridge and Oak Brook areas, land real estate has been fairly busy since the market dive a few years ago, with a total of 48 land/lot deals this past year to present having closed. CLICK HERE for the recently sold land/lots for these three areas. The market statistics from the Multiple Listing Service of Northern Illinois shows a significant increase in total number of sales over the 2011 data, the total dollar volume has actually increased from $9,116,000 in 2011 to $17,491,000 in 2012 and already for 2013 there are 9 land deals closed with a total volume of $3,897,900. Of these most recent deals closed this year there was one sale breaking the one million dollar mark at $1,250,000, and overall an average sold price of $433,100! To put things into perspective, we have outlined some stats for you and The Story Behind Hinsdale Area Land Deals on this blog.
New Stats & Activity
Have a look at the links below to see what has been listed recently in these areas. There is plenty to choose from when it comes to finding that perfect parcel to build your dream home.
- 15W730 73rd St., Burr Ridge (146×127) Listed: 3/1/13 for $170,900
- 9225 Forest Edge Ct., Burr Ridge (102x206x161x202) Listed: 3/7/13 for $299,000
- 1715 York Rd., Oak Brook (136x128x158x42) Listed: 3/6/13 for $310,000
- 10S351 Argonne Ridge Rd., Hinsdale (106x135x102x135) Listed: 3/3/13 for $325,000
- 703 S. Bodin St., Hinsdale (47×125) Listed: 2/21/13 for $350,000
- Lot 5 Glenmora Lane, Burr Ridge (29x54x45x199x96x189) Listed: 2/25/13 for $435,000
- 530 N. Grant St., Hinsdale (50×176) Listed: 3/13/13 for $499,000
- 1523 Tomlin Dr., Burr Ridge (120×194.55×101.55×44.75×184.5) Listed: 2/28/13 for $499,000
- 3512 York Road, Oak Brook (150×286.62×137.3×225.61) Listed: 3/8/13 for $675,000
- 3524 York Road, Oak Brook (136x281x129x311) Listed: 3/8/13 for $675,000
- 110 E. Seventh St., Hinsdale (98×149) Listed: 3/6/13 for $950,000
- 8401 S. County Line Rd., Burr Ridge (329x645x339x647 + 16×655) Listed 2/23/13 for $999,999
- 4 Hunt Club Lane, Lot 1,2 (387×204 and 362×204) Listed 3/4/13 for $1,495,000
- 8S300 Vine Street, Hinsdale (100×292) Closed: 2/8/13 for $90,00015W671 74th St., Burr Ridge (95×167) Closed: 3/5/13 for $149,900
- 15W020 91st Street, LOT 1, Burr Ridge (100×216.4) Closed: 1/30/13 for $185,000 (F)
- 7407 Forest Hill Rd, Burr Ridge (135×150) Closed: 12/27/12 for $240,000
- 814 N. County Line Rd., Hinsdale (66×133.74) Closed 1/11/13 for $248,000
- 69 Forest Gate Circle, Oak Brook (41x24x83x54x54) Closed 12/28/12 for $290,000
- LOT #8 Crossscreek, Burr Ridge (102.95×207.52x222x214.75) Closed 1/30/13 for $385,000
- 8200 Hamilton Drive, Burr Ridge (166.42×329.87×165.39×330.14) Closed 11/26/12 for $ $385,000
- LOT #9 Crosscreek Ct., Burr Ridge (214.75×134.26×159.49×230.4) Closed 2/28/13 for $450,000
- 629 S. Quincy, Hinsdale (75×133) Closed 1/18/13 for $510,000
- 3209 York Rd., Oak Brook (20x265x196x222) Closed 2/4/13 for $630,000
- 2 Oak Ct., Oak Brook (213x302x203x235) Closed 12/13/12 for $799,000
- 827 S. Oak, Hinsdale (80×297) Closed 1/7/13 for $1,250,0006547 S. County Line Rd., Burr Ridge (4.0-4.99 Acres IRR) Closed 12/3/12 for $1,250,000
- 8915 Skyline Dr., Burr Ridge (Lot size: 75×154) – Listed at $542,500
- 8724 Skyline Dr., Burr Ridge (Lot size: 75×300) – Listed at $574,000
- 733 N. County Line Rd., Hinsdale (Lot size: 62×123.5) – Listed at $1,099,000
- 632 S. Stough St., Hinsdale (Lot size: 59×134) – Listed at $1,349,000
- 622 S. Washington St., Hinsdale (Lot size: 50×165) – Listed at $1,749,000
- 438 Woodland Park Ct., Hinsdale (Lot size: 114x132x114x132) – Listed at $1,897,500
- 423 N. Clay St., Hinsdale (Lot size: 68×170) – Listed at $2,099,000
- 428 N. Vine St., Hinsdale (Lot size: 104.6×170) – Listed at $3,150,000
- 6633 S. County Line Rd., Burr Ridge (Lot size: 21x35x272x289x183x110x80) – Listed at $3,399,000
- 305 N. Washington St., Hinsdale (Lot size: 121×141) – Listed at $3,499,000
- 711 Cleveland Rd., Hinsdale (Lot size: 100x187x100x188) – Listed at $3,499,000
- 314 N. Washington St., Hinsdale (Lot size: 77×241) – Listed at $3,900,000
- 627 S. Elm St., Hinsdale (Lot size: 100×265.3x97x237.6) – Listed at $6,275,000
We’d like to bring special attention to the property at LOT 5 Glenmora Lane in Burr Ridge. We just listed this property and are super excited about the potential in the parcel. This is truly a rare opportunity in scenic Burr Ridge’s Ashton Woods exclusively developed high end subdivision. Imagine your dream home situation on this half acre elevated picturesque property overlooking tranquil creeks, incredible nature & hilly landscapes. If custom is for you, we have the perfect setting & lot to get you started!
To view Pictures of this Property CLICK HERE.
To take a Virtual tour of this Property and the Area CLICK HERE.